How smartphones are stolen:
- 44% were stolen because the owner left the phone behind in a public setting
- 14% were stolen from a car or house that was burglarized
- 11% were stolen off the victim’s person: out of their hands, pockets, purses, or bags
Where phones are stolen:
- 16% in a restaurant
- 11% at bar/nightclub
- 11% at work
- 6% on public transportation
- 5% on the street
When phones are stolen:
- 40% between 12 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- 29% between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- 18% between 10 p.m and 5 a.m.
Consequences of phone theft:
- 47% report a time/productivity loss
- 10% report loss of confidential company data
- 9% had their identity stolen
- 12% experienced fraudulent charges on their account