- DISH upgrades apps to improve Hopper and second-screen experience
- DISH Explorer second-screen app delivers easier Tournament navigation, enhanced stats and access to Twitter conversation about the Tournament
- DISH Anywhere update enables faster mobile app experience
- Game Finder Hopper app optimized for NCAA Tournament experience
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- As college basketball fans across the nation prepare to follow the NCAA Tournament, DISH has enhanced apps within its Hopper™ Whole-Home HD DVR platform, including its second screen and mobile apps to give sports fans an improved viewing experience.
Updates to Hopper Apps:
The Hopper sports app, Game Finder, displays all the Tournament games in one easy to navigate location and allows viewers to tune in to, or record, upcoming games directly from the app.
Enhancements to the app include:
- Faster navigation and access to sports scores;
- The ability to sort games by conference to enable viewers to find must-see games quicker; and
- The option to hide games that are blacked out.
The DISH Explorer™ app for iPad now includes an "NCAA Tournament" tab on the main screen. The tab allows viewers to instantly see upcoming games, times and channels, and enables them to easily set recordings. Fans can even join the latest sports conversation on Twitter through the app.
DISH Explorer gives fans the chance to quickly find their favorite teams; easily locate and record upcoming games; receive real-time, on-screen updates about which games are the most exciting (using Thuuz technology); and view score updates.
The updated DISH Anywhere app gives customers a faster experience and the ability (if they want) to watch live and recorded Tournament games from home anywhere on Internet-connected tablets, smartphones and PCs at no additional charge using the Hopper's new built-in Sling capabilities.
For more information, visit www.onestop.biz.