AT&T will offer the 16 GB Moto X for $199.99 and the 32 GB Moto X for $249.99 with a two-year agreement. With AT&T Next, the 16 GB model is available for $27 per month and the 32 GB model is $32 per month.
“We’re excited to be the first carrier to offer you a chance to design a smartphone that’s truly yours,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president – Devices, AT&T. “We’ve worked closely with Motorola to create a tailored display, sales, and distribution processes to get these customized devices into your hands quickly so you can start enjoying all Moto X has to offer, all on the nation’s fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network.”
Designing your own Moto X is simple. Using Moto Maker, you can select:
- Color options for the front and back
- Accent colors for the power key, volume key and camera ring
- Adding your name or short message on the back of the phone
- Unique wallpapers
- Custom power-on message
- Memory capacity – 16GB or 32GB
The Moto X runs on Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), and features a 4.7-inch HD display. Other device highlights include:
- Touchless Control lets you check the weather, get directions, make a call or search for just about anything—just by saying “OK Google Now.” Because you tune Moto X to your voice, it’s always ready to respond to you.
- The Quick Capture function makes the 10 megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and 2 megapixel front-facing camera even easier to use. Just pick up your Moto X, twist your wrist twice and you’re ready to shoot. Touch anywhere on the screen, and you’ll get an amazing shot. Its Clear Pixel technology can capture dark scenes or stop motion blur in bright light.
- With Active Display, information efficiently appears on the screen. It doesn’t interrupt and it’s battery friendly. You don’t have to wake up Moto X to look at the time or see your messages, satisfying that constant itch to check your phone.
AT&T recently launched AT&T Next, a new program that gives you the chance to get a new device every year. AT&T Next is simple and easy to use.
- You can purchase a smartphone or tablet with no down payment, no upgrade fee and no activation fee and agree to pay monthly installments for the device, with no financing fees.
- After 12 payments, you can trade it in and upgrade to a brand new device — again with no down payment.
- AT&T Next is available for new AT&T customers or existing customers who are upgrade eligible.
- Using AT&T Next, you can get the 16 GB Moto X for $27 per month or the 32 GB Moto X for $32 per month.
*******AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
**Color samples available in limited stores.
*** AT&T will randomly select a limited number of entrants with Gmail accounts who will be given the opportunity to purchase and customize before the scheduled launch date. Corporate responsibility user accounts are ineligible for the random selection process. By registering your email you consent to AT&T sharing your email address with Motorola to ensure eligibility and designate winners. AT&T reserves the right to modify or cancel the random selection process if technical limitations or other factors prevent it from running as planned.
****Subject to parts availability.
***** Speed claim based on comparison of national carriers' average 4G LTE download speeds for AndroidTM and Windows smartphones and iPhone 5. Reliability claim compares data transfer completion rates on nationwide 4G LTE networks. Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. 4G speeds not available everywhere.
****** PC Magazine, June 17, 2013; http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420333,00.asp